If you’re a tree-climbing enthusiast, then the quality of your boots is an important matter. Sure, you can get away with a cheap pair of shoes or boots for a while. But if you’re going to be climbing trees regularly, then it makes sense to invest in a good pair of climbing boots.
This is not just a luxury – a good pair of boots is actually a necessity as part of your tree climbing equipment. Climbing trees is fun, but it can also be dangerous. Unless you buy safe and comfortable boots for climbing trees, you won’t be able to get a good grip on the tree, and you won’t enjoy your experience as much if you’re constantly swinging from your harness.
Thankfully, the best boots for climbing trees do exist. Let’s have a look at some of the best boots for climbing trees.
The 5 Best Boots for Climbing Trees
Salomon X Ultra GORE-TEX Men’s Wide Hiking Boots
- Foothold: a refined last works with the reinforced top arm of the sensifit, holding your foot comfortably in place, especially moving downhill
- Stability and cushioning: the Advanced Chassis, surrounded by foam cushioning for comfort, connects directly to the sole to stabilize your heel
- Grip: Two different types of rubber result in better grip. A patterned area on the heel grabs terrain more aggressively, giving you more control especially on descents
- closure type: lace-up
These boots combine the comfort of running shoes with the strength of climbing boots. This gives you pretty awesome boot that can be used for all purposes. They’re comfortable for hiking through the forest in, but they’re also firm enough for tree-climbing as well.
You can trust that these boots are your best companion in the wilderness. They’re 100% synthetic, which gives them good strength and comfort. They’re also waterproof, which also comes in hand for when you’re walking through the first too. They’re designed for maximum traction, so they’re safe to wear while climbing trees and rocky mountains.
All in all, these boots are some of the best tree climbing boots that are currently available. You’ll usually be pretty safe by opting for Salomon, and these boots are a great example of that.
Nevados Men’s Boomerang Climbing Boots
- Reinforced heel and toe cap for durability
- Semi rigid foam insole for cushioning and support
- Molded ethylene vinyl acetate midsole that mimics the shape of the foot for heel and arch support
- Padded tongue and collar for comfort and stone protection
- Heavy duty rubber outsole with aggressive lugs for CE traction and stability
These climbing boots are 100% leather, however they’re not hard – they;re soft and pliable. This makes them perfect for climbing trees. The upper shoes of the Nevados climbing boots are made of nylon, so they’re also breathable and flexible. They’re are slip-resistant because of their carbon rubber cup sole, making them perfect for climbing trees.
This brand combines both functionality and affordable price. The only problem with these boots is that they’re too big for normal sizes. If your feet are small or moderate, then you better order ½ a size below yours.
Wesco Highliner Climbing Boots
- Black, Lace-to-Toe 10" #100 Vibram Lug Sole
- 7 oz. full-grain leather, Leather side flap, Removable false tongue
- Non-corrosive, ribbed, slightly arched steel shank for comfort and maximum support
- Leather 10 - 10-1/2 iron (.219" thick) half-slip for added support in the arch
- Recessed metal heel breastplate (offers protection from climbing spurs), Steel sideplate not available with #100 Vibram sole
This set is another high-quality leather boots. They are particularly good for climbing trees, because of their steel shank and their high sides.
The steel shank helps to protect your legs from any injury that may happen during climbing. They also make the boots strong and sturdy, and the stitches make these boots durable. They’re made of full-leather of a high quality, which is why they’re sweat-resistant & odor-free.
These boots are probably some of the most comfortable boots you can find. They feature inserts that are Ortholite Drilex. These types of inserts are as comfortable as foam, so your feet will be flexible to move freely and firmly.
Salewa Men’s Mountain Trainer Hiking Boot
- Insole: Mid stiff- Nylon / Bilight Midsole
- Upper: 360 degree full rubber rand / 1.6mm suede leather / Highly wear-resistant fabric
- Lining: GORE-TEX Extended Comfort
- Outsole: Vibram WTC
- OrthoLite footbed for cooler, drier feet.
These boots are made of leather and fabric, so they don’t cause blisters or burns. They’re used for rock climbing, but also for climbing trees. The Salewa boots are adjustable, which means that these boots feature a multi-fit footbed that’ll fit any size perfectly.
They also have a 3F lacing system that’ll support your grip, so balance is assured along with safety. They’re comfortable thanks to their unique dual-density midsole and lightweight.
Super Logger Soft Toe Boots for Men
- A CLASS MATERIAL: This high fashion men work boots are Goodyear welt construction boot crafted with Full Grain Crazy Horse leather, non slip rubber sole and best Oil Resistant Lug Sole for work boots
- SAFETY WORK BOOTS: This classic heavy duty work boots has shock resistant outer layer and anti slip rubber sole which gives you full safety and extra confidence in your work place
- CASUAL BOOTS: Superior slip and oil resistant lug sole provides added grip and helps you keep your footing. Great for hardcore construction, logging work and outside activity
- COMFORT: Short break in period. Keep your feet comfortable while you are working hard. Designed for comfort, with a cushioned insole
- DURABLE CONSTRUCTION: Built to endure hard wear and to withstand the elements. Dependable premium quality full grain crazy horse leather
These tree climbing boots are made for durability. They’re made of high-quality, full-grain leather with a synthetic sole. So, they’re guaranteed to stay strong for a long time. It doesn’t matter where you wear them, they can endure tough hiking and tree climbing.
Super Logger boots are generally very safe. Their slip-resistant sole ensures your good grip even on difficult surfaces. They’re also oil-resistant, which helps to make them even firmer for tree climbing.
These boots are comfortable thanks to the cushioned insoles that’ll keep your feet at ease. You can wear them for long hours and you won’t suffer from any blisters.
Georgia Boot Men’s Loggers Work Boot
- Waterproof work boot featuring protective steel toe and lace-up closure
- Logo patch at tongue
- Rear pull loop
- Abrasion-resistant rubber outsole
- 8 Inches in height and Weightis 6.1 pounds per pair for a size 10
These boots are unique and quite stylish. If you’re fashion conscious, they look cooler and more professional than other brands.
They’re leather-made, which makes them comfortable and durable. Because they’re equipped with rubber soles and outsoles, they’re flexible and easy on the feet. You’ll notice once you wear them that they’re comfortable even before you break them in.
The Georgia boots come in two different colors. You can choose brown or tumbled chocolate. They’re also waterproof. That makes them the perfect boots for hard work, comfort, and protection.
Climbing Boots Buyer’s Guide
In this section, we’ve included a few elements to look out for when buying tree climbing boots. We have to admit that no boot will combine all features at once. It’s a wise idea to consider the features that are most important to you and choose accordingly.
You may be forced to walk on water streams. You may be halfway through climbing a tree when it suddenly starts raining.
To avoid having wet feet, or slippery accidents, you need to look for waterproof boots. The gore-tex lining is usually added to the soles. This material is designed to repel water without interfering with the breathability of the boots.
You can think of it as a raincoat. It protects you from the rain while giving room for your body to breathe.
Since a trip to the wilderness is always long, your feet will be in your boots all day. You won’t be satisfied with your adventure if your feet are bruised.
You’ll walk a lot, climb a lot, and cross a lot of rough terrains. So you have to think about comfort. Looking for cushioned boots is your best bet. These cushions act like pillows under your feet.
You must also be aware that climbing down trees is more difficult. It puts a lot of pressure on your feet. If the climbing boot doesn’t have EVA midsole, it won’t be comfortable.
Grip and Balance
Even walking in loose boots will make you slip and fall. Not a good scene, but it happens. Climbing trees requires boots that’ll stick to your feet.
To ensure your balance, the sole and outsole of your boots must be high tech. You’ll be climbing branches that are thin. Your feet will be moving in all directions. So they have to be firm and balanced.
Boots with thick rubber soles offer a firmer grip. Rubber is flexible and can increase traction. So, always keep in mind that boots with rubber soles are always more balanced.
Just like any other physical activity, climbing trees will make you sweat. There’s nothing more annoying than sweaty feet.
It’s wise to invest in boots that are breathable. They should have a mesh lining and vent holes. Mesh lining is a type of fabric that has micro-pores.
These pores are so small, so they’re still waterproof, they’re waterproof. However, these pores also allow sweat to get out.
The Final Verdict
The best boots for climbing trees can be a lifesaver. Not only do they add to your experience, but they also keep you comfortable and safe. All you have to do is pick the right product.
The Salomon X Ultra GORE-TEX Men’s Wide Hiking Boots are some of the best around. These boots are sturdy, durable, and versatile. They’re also very comfortable. However, you’ll be fine with any of the tree climbing boots recommended on our list.