When you’re going to be cutting down trees, you want to make sure that ypu’ve got all of the right equipment that you need. You’ll never forget your chainsaw, but one of the lesser considered items that’s still important is a good pair of logging boots.
The wrong boots can be a hinderance, especially if you’re going to be cutting trees down in poor weather. But what makes a solid pair of logging boots? Well, we’re going to look at some of the best options that are currently available now.
Best Logging Boots
|Carhartt Men's 8" Waterproof Boot||Check Price at Amazon|
|Georgia Boot Men's Loggers||Check Price at Amazon|
|Danner Men's Logger||Check Price at Amazon|
|Timberland Pro||Check Price at Amazon|
|Rugged Blue Pioneer II Logger Boot||Check Price at Amazon|
Carhartt Men’s 8″ Waterproof Boots
- Crazy Horse Brown oil tanned leather
- Waterproof membrane
- Goodyear welt construction with Carhartt rubber WoodWorks outsole
- PU strobel pad with PU cushion insoles
- Molded TPU heel stabilizer with achilles flex joint
For those looking for a waterproof pair of loggers, then these Carhartt’s are pretty hard to beat. They’re full waterproof, so they’ll be able to withstand all sorts of weather. They also have a 2 inch heel, which helps to keep them off the ground.
They definitely have a good tread pattern, and you’ll find it very easy to maintain your balance on all sorts of different terrains with the firm grip soles. These boots are particularly good if you’re going to be working in colder temperatures, as they have the ability to keep your feet warm and snug.
So if you’re looking for a good logging boot, then this might be the perfect fit (quite literally too – they’re true to size, so no need to order up or down half a size).
Georgia Boot Men’s Loggers
- Waterproof work boot featuring protective steel toe and lace-up closure
- Logo patch at tongue
- Rear pull loop
- Abrasion-resistant rubber outsole
- 8 Inches in height and Weightis 6.1 pounds per pair for a size 10
Another boot which has a really good reputation is these Goergia Men’s Loggers, which are specifically designed to be used in rough environments. They’re waterproof, and when you combine the steel toe with the lace up fronts, they’re going to offer you a lot of protection from the outside. They have the standard Georgia logo patch at the top of the tongue, too.
These boots come with a years warranty for peace of mind, although due to their high quality they’re bound to last you a lot longer than this. For those looking for a strong leather work boots, these might be your best option.
Danner Men’s Logger Boots
- Durable, waterproof oiled nubuck leather upper
- Danner Dry waterproof protection
- Lightweight Bi-Fit integrated shank system offers increased rigidity in the heel and allows for flexibility in the forefoot
- Vibram 360-degree Logger outsole for substantial edging and superior traction
- Cushioning Ortholite footbed
You can never go wrong with a pair of Danner Boots. They’re durable, with a rubber sole and nubuck leather exterior that makes them the perfect waterproof logger. They’re well insulated too, and they’re ideal for using with ladders due to their steel shank.
They’re designed to be used in any weather, but unlike the majority of similar boots out there, they aren’t too heavy. Nope, they’re a pretty lightweight pair of loggers, which they’re specifically designed to be. They’re also very comfortable and flexible too, making them perfect for walking around all day in.
Danner boots do tend to run a little big, so you might need to order down half a size if you’ve not tried them before. But all in all, they’re another pretty great logging boot.
Timberland Pro Boots
- STAY ON YOUR FEET: Our Pit Boss is everything a steel toe boot should be: Safe, tough & comfortable. These leather work boots meet ANSI safety standards and feature slip-, oil- and abrasion resistant outsoles for traction & padded top collars for comfort.
- SAFETY AND COMFORT: PRO 24/7 Comfort Suspension technology is a unique comfort system that meets the most rigorous work site demands -- 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. It helps reduce foot fatigue, support the arch and cushion every step.
- A SOURCE OF PRIDE: We know you take pride in your work, so our soft-toed shoes and boots and steel-toe boots and shoes are designed to provide you with enhanced job performance day in and day out. Wear them at work well as at home with comfort & style.
- QUALITY WORKWEAR: Timberland PRO assesses the unmet needs of those who work in the most demanding environments and then develops solutions that deliver ultimate comfort, durability & protection—all day long—from work boots & shoes to anti-fatigue insoles.
When you’re looking for a pair of reasonably priced, long lasting boots then there’s nothing wrong with opting for a pair of Timberland’s. One of the older and most well known brands in terms of all-terrain footwear, and this paur are particularly decent quality.
What do you really want from a good boot? Durability and comfort and probably the two most important things, and these boots have that in abundance. They’re available in black, brown or a grey coloring, and they’re perfect for people who work long demanding hours.
So whilst overall these boots wouldn’t be my first choice, if you need a pair of loggers for less than $100, then these might be your best bet.
Rugged Blue Pioneer II Logger Boot
- Steel toe
- Genuine brown leather
- Slip, oil, & water resistant
- Shock absorbent
- Aggressive tread pattern
Another wise choice for those looking for a standard logger boot is this pair from Rugged Blue. They’re a little bit cheaper than most of the other pairs mentioned, so if you’re looking for a cost effective solution, this pair might suit you.
Although they are quite a bit cheaper, they’re still of a decent enough quality. They’re slip resistant and water resistant too, and they also have a steel toe, which might be necessary for you depending on the kind of work you do. They also have an aggressive tread pattern, making them ideal for wetter climates. Overall, they’re not the best boots you’ll ever wear, but they’re a cheap option to get you by for the foreseeable future.
Common Questions about Logging Boots
What are logging boots?
Logging boots is just the name that we give to boots that are well suited to being used in the logging industry. They often have a few different qualities – a raised heel to help them keep off the wet floor, and enough grip to make sure that you’re not going to slip. They need to be able to survive in a variety of different conditions, so it’s important that they’re well made and a decent quality.
What are the benefits of logger boots?
The main thing that you’ll get from a good pair of loggers is that they’ll help to prevent your from slipping over. This is essential for when you’re logging, as the floor can be covered in different branches and twigs.
Are logging boots comfortable?
Yes, logging boots are designed to be extremely comfortable. You should be able to wear them for the entire day without having any issues. This is why logging boots tend to be more expensive than standard work boots, as they’re made to a higher standard.
Are logger boots good for your feet?
Logger boots are generally better for your feet than standard work boots. Why? Well, the first reason is that they’re designed with a slight 1 or 2 inch heel to keep your foot out of wet conditions, which is necessary if you’re working in a wet environment. They’re also good for your feet because they’re designed o be comfortable and long lasting, unlike some cheap work boots out there.
Are logger boots good for concrete?
Wearing logger boots on concrete and for construction work is usually fine, but it’s not their optimal terrain. They’re made specifically for marshy and grassy conditions, so although you can use them on concrete, this isn’t what they’re designed for.
Anyone who’s spent a lot of time outside chopping down trees can attest that a good pair of boots is an essential. If you want to keep your feet comfortable and protected, then a good pair of logging boots is an essential part of your equipment. So, hopefully with this guide you can find the right pair for you.